Double Alpha Academy IPSC Production Holster & Magazine Pouches Rig
In recent years Double‑Alpha Academy's competition holsters have been setting the benchmark for advanced design and cutting-edge performance. The Race Master Holster has become the go-to competition holster worldwide for many top Champion shooters in our sport.
Double-Alpha is known for not standing still, and over time the Race Master Holster has been improved. Upgrades and refinements were made to its hanger system and more recently, to the patented insert block, making it magnetic and improving its performance further.
And now, over the past few months, DAA has been working on the next generation holster.
We are very proud to introduce the Alpha-X holster!
The ALPHA-X was born of years of experience and market feedback, looking to take the Race Master Holster even further, creating a new fresh, striking look and adding several meaningful performance upgrades.
New Ball Joint and Lock-Up Mechanism
The ball joint of the Alpha-X offers a wide range of motion, allowing you to position your holster at just the right angle. This holster uses a much larger ball joint and a pressure lug lock-up, which locks the ball firmly without marking or damaging it. With this system even the smallest adjustments are always possible.
The ball joint is now located higher up, closer to the center of the holster. This reduces the torque and forces applied, contributing to the solid rigid feel of the holster.
A large easy-to-reach one-screw locking system allows you to adjust the holster position even when wearing it.
Body Rail Height Adjustment
The Alpha-X achieves its height adjustment by means of a rail built directly into the side of the holster body itself. This offers an extended range of adjustment and again reduces torque and forces applied. Here too the lock up is achieved by an expanding dovetail mechanism that does not gouge or damage the rail.
Detachable Belt Hanger
The Alpha-X has a two-piece belt hanger which can be dismantled by opening a single screw, allowing all position settings to be maintained while removing the holster body from the belt for easier space-saving transport.
The Alpha-X belt bracket is designed to fit only on a 1.5” wide competition style belt. It will not fit on a 1.75” or a 2” belt unless you are prepared to cut a piece out of the belt. And, like all Race holsters, it should only be used on a firm, rigid, thick belt.
Interchangeable Color Logo Inserts
The Alpha-X is available in black anodize only, with an assortment of optional color inserts for the hanger and body logos. You can change these laser-cut plastic inserts whenever you choose.
The Same Race Master Insert Blocks!
The Alpha-X utilizes the same successful magnetic insert blocks used by the latest generation Race Master Holster. An Alpha-X Holster can be purchased with or without an insert block, making the upgrade easier and more affordable for shooters already using our Race Master Holsters.
With its improved performance, simplicity and striking new looks, the Alpha-X is poised to become the next Race Holster of choice for shooters worldwide.
NOTE: If you are ordering a holster or an insert block for a CZ TS checkmate, be advised the 2017 frame has changed. Click here for more details.
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.
First of its kind, the Race Master magazine pouch was designed by Saul Kirsch, using advanced Cad-Cam software. It is the perfect complementary equipment for the now hugely successful DAA Race Master Holster.
Like the innovative Race Master Holster itself, the Race Master Pouch is a completely original design, unlike anything else seen on the market to date.
It is constructed from aluminum rather than plastic, and this allows a design and performance never before possible in a competition mag pouch. It offers a wider and more diverse range of adjustability and mounting options – and more important, locks rock-solid in the chosen position, not losing its settings until the user chooses to change them.
Its wide range of angle adjustments allows the user to position his magazine “just so”. This feature, combined with a unique and superior retention system, creates a smoother and more consistent release, leading to a more reliable and faster reload.
Unlike all other pouches, this pouch’s pressure adjustment wheel applies its load to the back of the magazine, squeezing the mag tube from back to front rather than from left to right, as most others do. This is a lot more effective, as the magazine’s front and back walls are straight and parallel, while the side walls are tapered on all double-stack mags. This type of contact creates a far smoother draw of the magazine. A few turns of the wheel changes the tension from very loose to very tight, as may be required on a particular course of fire.
The side and back inner plastic spacers are specific to the magazine size. Each pouch is delivered with two sets of spacers: one that fits the larger STI type magazines (assembled as default), and one for the slightly smaller CZ/Tan type double-stack mags. A third pressure spacer is included for Glock/M&P mags. A single-stack adapter is available separately as an accessory.
The hanger system of the Race Master Pouch borrows heavily from the excellent features of the Race Master Holster. The inner side of the hanger fits snugly over the shooter’s outer belt, preventing any rocking motion. Since the hanger can be assembled directly in the chosen position, and does not need to slide all along the belt, it can be made with a tighter fit. The minimalist steel plate on the inside of the hanger causes no separation between your inner and outer belt. This is critical, especially when carrying 3 or 4 pouches side by side. The steel plate can be tightened down, to lock the pouch tightly even on thinner, narrower belts.
The cant and tilt of the pouch is achieved by using a ball-socket joint as in the Race Master Holster. The aluminum ball is locked firmly in place with two set-screws. The ball-socket joint is purposely set off-center on the belt hanger, allowing the user to choose between two heights when fitting the pouch to his belt. The ball joint locks into the body of the holster so that it cannot slip or rotate, even if the center screw comes loose. This is a new and very unique feature of this pouch.
Three mounting points on the pouch body allow for ambidextrous use, as well as making it possible to mount the pouch turned 90 degrees away from the body, as preferred by some shooters.
The DAA Race Master Magazine Pouch is suitable for right- or left-handed shooters, for all double-stack magazines, and is available in Black, Silver, Blue, or Red.
Please note that these pouches are made of aluminium. It is to be expected that the steel magazines will scratch and burr the top edges of the pouch over time, however this has no effect on the function of the pouch.
Note: Will not fit Large Frame Glock (eg. G20/21) or .45 HK magazines
The Race Master Pouches will only fit 1.5" belt systems (will not fit Safariland 1.75" belts).
NOTE: All belt systems include both inner and outer belts
Introducing the DAA Premium belt. This belt offers the extreme rigidity of the Competition belt, in the higher quality finish and look of the PRO model.
In recent years we have offered two belts: The original DAA Competition belt, and more recently, the DAA PRO belt. The first’s best feature is its extreme rigidity, stemming from a slightly thicker and harder core. The latter – boasts improved looks and finish, and includes a handy name-card holder incorporated into the outer belt. Both belts have been received well, and each has their followers. Some choosing the Competition belt if they view rigidity as the most critical feature while others choose the improved appearance and quality feel of the PRO belt. We thought – why force our customers to compromise? Why can’t we offer the best of both belts – in one?
Sizes are available for 28”–50”.
How to select the correct belt size: (do not select based on your pant size!)
1. Measure you actual waist circumference at the height where you plan to wear your belt.
2. Convert your measurements into Inches (1inch = 2.54cm)
3. Order the belt size which matches your measurement. Round upwards: if you measured 39”, order a belt size 40”.
If you measure around your waist 86cm/33.85", you should choose a belt which is about 104-110cm/41"-43.3" Overall length, which would mean a DAA belt size 34". If you measure around your waist 98cm, you should choose a belt which is about 115-123cm/45.25"-48.5" Overall length, which would mean a DAA belt size 36 or 38" (38" would be the safer bet, a little long is always better than a little short).
belt size to order (inch)
overall length (cm)
overall length (inch)