DOUBLE ALPHA ACADEMY - RACER HOLSTER
The Racer Holster designed for IPSC and USPSA practical shooting is the sibling of the Race Master Holster, which in 2010 became an overnight success, with thousands of shooters world wide retiring their older model holsters and upgrading to this latest innovation.
However, the all aluminum construction of the Race Master Holster makes it an expensive holster. So seeing the need for a less expensive variant of this successful design, we set out to develop the DAA Racer Holster.
At the heart of the new DAA Racer Holster lies the same innovative patent pending mechanism that makes the Race Master stand head and shoulders above the competition. But what the Race Master achieves with interchangeable Delrin inserts inside an aluminum housing, the Racer does with no housing at all. Same peak-performance driven result, without the high costs of machining.
We reduced costs further by eliminating the large external tension adjustment knob, which many deemed unnecessary, and set the tension to light (this can be adjust internally for the users preference). The same locking system allows the DAA Racer holster to hold the gun by only its trigger guard, just as steady and secure as the Race Master does, and the same spring loaded safety is conveniently positioned in the rear of the holster, where it can be easily and swiftly accessed on the draw.
Where other manufactures go to plastic to reduce costs on their hanger - we did not. We believe that one of the most important features in a competition holster is the ability to position it just right for you, and then to lock it up rock solid on your shooting belt.
We redesigned the hanger to reduce costs, however it remains an all aluminum structure and utilizes the same ball-joint design the Race Master users. In fact, the new hanger with the round vertical rod, offers a wider range of adjustment that the Race Master’s system.
The holster is shipped with a detachable thigh pad, which pivots within a range of about 40 deg, to mould itself to your thigh as you move, reducing movement of the holster and increasing comfort.
The belt hanger is again a variant of the successful Race Master design, just made narrower and lighter. Our now familiar minimalist steel locking plates on the inside, allow you to maintain good contact between your inner and outer shooting belt.
The entire holster comes in at just 230gr, making it the lightest race holster on the market!
And while no interchangeable block are available for the Racer holster, a wide range of guns are supported, including the STI, SV, 1911, Beretta 92F, BUL M5, SPS, BUL SAS, Caspian, CZ SP01, Glock, STI GP6, Para Ord, S&W M&P, S&W L frame, S&W N frame, SIG 226, SIG X5, Tanfoglio, Tanfoglio Stock III, and the Springfield XDM.
Available only in black, with a splash of color and elegance add by the laser-cut side plate, available in Black, Blue, Silver or Red. Custom name and logo engraving is available at additional costs.
Note: To use muzzle support assembly on a Racer holster, you would need to drill and tap an M8 thread into the body of the holster.
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.